I went to practice. Again. No, seriously! I did.
It was newbie practice again, this time in Albuquerque, with the whole league. I was a little scared, not knowing what to expect. In support of my effort to get back on the horse, my husband came to practice and PUT ON SKATES - since there's no shame in being a newbie amongst newbies. My husband? Maybe you know him? If you do, you'll be proud to know he not only had wheels on his feet, but he skated around the entire basketball courts all by himself. This made my day, seriously - well played, Hurty, well played.
I helped new kids, did drills, enjoyed seeing friends, and soaked up the new and improved energy of hope and excitement. I got a little inspired watching the new talent do their skills assessment. I was floored by the fact that this new skater practice had more skaters in attendance than any veteran practice I'd been to has in over a year. I decided to go to the morning travel team practice tomorrow to do drills.
My muscles are screaming, in a good way. Baby steps.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment